Pages

Thursday, October 11, 2012

Christmas Cards

I finished 20 Christmas cards to send off.  Just did 3 different designs, but they will give them a good start to choose from.
     This card is pretty plain so as to show off the paper.  I used the Candlelight Christmas dsp, Gumball Green, and Whisper White cs.  The bird is from the For The Birds set. I used the Real Red marker to high-light his scarf, hat, and ornament.
     This card was inspired by one I saw on-line.  Unfortunately I forgot who it was, so if you happen on my blog, let me know if this is your card and I will give you the credit you deserve, because this is a really pretty card.
It uses the Ornament Keepsakes and More Merry Messages sets.  Real Red and Whisper White cs
And Candlelight Christmas dsp.  Real Red ink pad and Real Red 1/8" taffeta ribbon
    This is my own design.  I have a hard time coming up with card deisgns.  This uses the Christmas Lodge and More Merry Messages sets,  Candlelight Christmas dsp, Very Vanella, Lucky Limeaide, Chocolate Chip, and Primrose Petals cs.  I stamped the images with Early Expresso and Lucky Limeaide ink.  Don't know if you can see it, but I also used the Real Red marker to put 3 red dots at the end of the leaf sprays.  The Primrose Petals cs was punched out with the Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border punch and I used the corner rounder on Vanella cs.
I hope you are inspired to try a card or two yourself.  Christmas is so fun to design cards for.  You can use any color you want, all the bling you want, and embellisments you want and they still com out gorgeous!  And who wouldn't want to receive a hand-made card for Christmas?  Or any time of the year? 
 
That's it for now.  Hope you have a great day!
 
Jeannie B
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment